Thursday, October 15, 2009

Have Some Medicine for Your Medicine...

We're finally over the hump of illness...his, not mine. It's hard to avoid getting sick yourself when your child is a breathing germ bucket. He might as well have licked everything we own, such is the virulence of his ick.

He was, of course, allergic to his antibiotics, so medicine was treated with more medicine until I cried uncle and his pediatrician switched him to something else...something better...and he is on the mend. And now I have a chronic cough something-or-other that won't go away. FUN!

I'm thinking of finishing his original antibiotic. I've worked long enough in the health care field to know that's a no-no...but I doubt that'll stop me. Couldn't hurt, unless I too am allergic to amoxicillin...and then wouldn't that be a lesson learned.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hope you are feeling better. Flu shots were given out at work today, they had 200 shots and I think like 300 people showed up. I was lucky enough to get one at my Drs, but worry that its not enough.

I do know that popsicles are always good. = )

pmd said...

Goodness gracious! I wish I'd read your blog before calling you this week, do you need anything?