Friday, May 15, 2009

School

He's starting school. When I start to think about it it feels like a one ton weight on my chest. And yes, I realize every child goes to school. My preshus little baby isn't the only one, nor is he the first...but, BUT! How will I know that his teacher will be kind? That she'll be good to him? That she'll know how get him to stop talking about Star Wars non-stop without hurting his feelings? Will he come home with a potty mouth? Will he survive spending the entire day, every day, away from me? We've been together 24/7 for five years...it's a valid concern, he's 5 1/2 he's only just had his first baby sitter.

Oh...the anxiety!

That is, until I went to the school's Parent Information Night. And the school is awesome. And the teachers seem awesome. And Mr. Principal is cute. Heh.

He goes for his testing time on Tuesday and I'm supposed to leave him there for a couple of hours so they can get an idea of what he's like. I'll need to plan something to do during that time so that I don't spend every second of it sure that my kid is in tears and begging for me. Which, I know won't happen...but it COULD. But it won't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a perfect little story for Luke's 'big years' once he is in school! You write sooooo well!
ILYOMTYCESx2-AM

Anna said...

Thanks Aunt Mary! Can't wait to see you in June!