Tuesday, January 8, 2008

He Is Lucky I Didn't Leave Him There

We got the chance to see some friends of ours today that we haven't seen in a very long time because they moved far far away. Lucas was a beast of a boy. Everything started out so well with hugs and presents and playing. Then it came time to go out to lunch and he just unraveled. The crying and whining and snot could be seen and heard for miles around...I just know it! And here I am, always bragging to these same people how well behaved my child is and he goes all postal on me at lunch. In his very weak defense, we got up really early and we'd been on the road all day up until that point. But it didn't make me want to strangle him any less for the scene he caused. We left early and we walked to the car in silence. I didn't start lecturing him until the first traffic light, and I glanced in the rear view mirror to make sure he understood how angry I was at the rotten behavior...and can you believe that little devil was sound asleep? Yeah...he could really care less about my sermon on good behavior...he was snoring. I dropped his sorry self off at Grandma's house nice and early and came to work...and I got to hold my new baby cousin! She's just a few hours old and if her mom doesn't mind I'll post the sweetest picture of her later. That baby fix was just what I needed to get me out of my crabby mood!

1 comment:

Kellan said...

It sounds like he was tired - poor Mom! Take care. Kellan