Monday, June 11, 2007

It's Awful to be Misunderstood...

Whenever Lucas takes a digger and wipes out I always tell him to "jump up and shake it off". As long as I don't see blood I don't give him any alarming reaction, just kisses, and he always jumps up and literally makes the motions of dusting himself off with a little shake. Today he was playing with an older boy in the neighborhood when he took a spill on the gravel. He jumped right up and yelled "I'm shakin' it off!" The boy thought that he was saying "shut up" and starting yelling at him. My poor kid threw his head back and started to cry..."but I'm just shakin' it off...." It must be rotten to be so misunderstood, especially after just wiping out on gravel! I came to his rescue of course, and ice pops cure every ailment under the sun, so thank heavens we're always stocked up on those.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that "Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again" is still popular and I LOVE the new version with actions! Good Mommy, great boy!
ILYOMTYCESx2-AM