Sunday, February 10, 2008

20

That's how many days I have left before my toddler becomes a big kid. Four years old. I really can't even wrap my brain around that. I have been his mother for four years? How did that happen? I swear just brought him home from the hospital. And yet, here he his. Playing video games that he is surely too young for, but good at none the less. Making me breakfast (and lunch and dinner) all by himself, discussing ingredient lists and singing me his ABCs at the top of his lungs. He wants a two wheeler for his birthday and it breaks my heart a little...because he was just a baby...like yesterday. It also means this summer will be spent tearing around the neighborhood on a big boy bike, which should shave a few years off my life in worry and skinned knees. We are entering a new phase, he and I, and it's exciting and sad all at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Four is 'wild and wonderful' as the early childhood books proclaim (and I attest!) and you are about to enter into a fantastic year. It will be wild and wonderful for the mom, too. Every year has its special earmarks; you sure got the MOST that three can offer. That was just yesterday now, wasn't it?
ILYOMTYCESx2-AM