Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Suppose I Can Kiss my Grammy Dreams Goodbye...

I was driving Lucas to my Mom's house on the way to work today and I started to sing him "You Are My Sunshine". I wasn't through the first verse and I hear him "snoring" in the back seat. I thought, Oh, how sweet...he's pretending that my singing has lulled him to sleep, what a dear boy! Really, that's exactly what I thought...and then I said it out loud to him.

"Nope! I'm sleeping...so you don't have to sing anymore!"

Nice. Ungrateful kid...I bet there a millions of children in this world who would LOVE to have their mothers sing off key at the top of their lungs to them...MILLIONS I TELL YOU!

2 comments:

pmd said...

There will come a time in his life when he will feel like giving anything to hear his wonderful mama sing to him off key. Keep singing.

Kellan said...

What a cutie, that Lucas - HA!!

Hope you are having a good weekend - see you - Kellan