Monday, October 22, 2007

At Least I Enjoyed Them

I made my son these waffles this morning....
because I love him and I want him to be happy...and because I love waffles. Even though I didn't get home from work until 3:30am this morning, I was back up at 6:30am watching cartoons and making us some de-licious, from-scratch waffles in our brand spanking new Farmyard waffle maker. I have had my eye on this baby for almost a year, and it must have been discontinued recently, because I found it at a local store for 60% off. I was probably disproportionately (it that really a word?) happy to have found it, but I've wanted it for so long! I made a beautiful hot batch of waffles for us with real maple syrup and berries and presented it to Lucas, and he was genuinely happy and thanked me for making him such a nice breakfast. After a few bites he looked at me and said, "You know what I really want for breakfast, Mom?" And I sweetly asked back, "What, honey?" And he replied, "Spongebob waffles, you know, from the store." Um, yeah. Thank God I got up at the crack of dawn to make waffles from scratch when he would have been happier with the frozen kind from the grocery store...because they have pictures of Spongebob and Patrick and Gary the Snail on them...and that's SO much better than homemade. He's lucky he's cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have been there for REAL waffles with REAL maple syrup - in a flash! Keep the good foods before him and he'll come to appreciate them!
ILYOMTYCESx2-AM

Kellan said...

Poor Mom (what a good Mom!) - and what a cute story. I don't think I should admit it, but I have never once made homemade waffles - I'm a "frozen waffle" mom - for sure. See ya.