Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Great Pretender

On the way to pick up my mom this afternoon my son starts wailing in the backseat, "Oh no! Oh nooo! We're outta gas! What are we gonna dooooooo?"

He was with me when we filled the tank this very morning, which I reminded him over and over again, in my loud voice, as to be heard over the racket from my backseat.

"No Mommy! We gonna run outta gas! What are we gonna do!? The car is gonna DIE!" Which all sounds very dramatic, it really sounded like he thought we were just going to come to a stop, right there in the middle of the road.

I started to explain to him again that I did indeed fill the tank and that we were in no danger of running out of gas before I dropped him safely off at Grandma's when he hissed from the backseat...."I'm pretending!"

He is a very convincing pretender.

2 comments:

Kellan said...

This was soooo cute - so much fun to mess with mom. Have a great Halloween. See ya.

Anonymous said...

I think I remember Uncle Jack saying he was "just tendering!" Do you think genetics plays a part in this one? Amazing watching the next, and next generation-the blessings of aging, I see!
ILYOMTYCESx2-AM