Saturday, November 3, 2007

Like A Regular Haircut, Only Louder

My boy got his hair cut again yesterday, and he looks so handsome and grown up, and I nearly broke a sweat. It went a little something like this: Total wreck of a boy...then perfectly happy to be there...then total wreck of a boy. I mean, come on! It's just a haircut! Why all the drama? The crying and the screaming and the waaaaailing. I felt like the main act on the center stage of a three ring circus prancing around, trying to offer distractions...Look at me! Squealing with happiness over what a BIG BOY you are! And how FUN it is to get your hair cut! How about a LOLLIPOP?! Look at BOB the BUILDER on t.v.! Pretend to CATCH me in your red jeep! We can go to a PLAYGROUND when you're done! OH LOOK...something SHINY!

Oh. My. Goodness. Luckily, there was only one other mother who brought her poor unsuspecting toddler in while my child was in his fit of despair...and I'm not gonna lie...the kid looked scared. Sorry Other Mother.

The kicker is, I feel so guilty about the scene we always cause, that I give the lady a big fat tip, making his toddler haircut twice as expensive, luckily for me, we also only go half as often...so I guess it all works out.

No comments: