Monday, November 12, 2007

Gosh, I Love the Weekends or Sickness and Waffles

My boy has a cold. Poor little glassy eyed, red cheeked peanut. I got home from work this morning at the ungodly hour of 3:40am...and he was wide awake after I picked him up at Grandma's house. Wide. Awake. I was exhausted, so exhausted that I didn't think carrying his 40 pound self up 14 stairs was an option, so we slept on the couch. Luckily for me, my couches are super deep...like twin size bed deep. I threw a bunch of pillows down and covered us with a big warm quilt, and we both fell fast asleep. After a few doses of children's cold medicine, he felt like a million bucks, and he was nice enough to sleep in a little, too.

Oh, and just as a side note, I got a new Belgium waffle recipe from a friend of mine who came to visit, and I am in love. She also introduced me to the idea of strawberries in syrup and whipped cream for my waffles, so it's possible I may not fit in anything I own in the very near future...'cause I can't get enough of these waffles.

2 comments:

Kellan said...

Hi Anna - I'm sorry your peanut is sick. My little girl has an ear infection right now also. It sounded so cozy on your couch, though. And ... I'm a big waffle fan - not making them so much ... but I love um - yum!! Take care - hope your son is better soon. Kellan

Anonymous said...

It's Tuesday and you can sleep in tomorrow! I hope Lucas is feeling better today. Crazy temperatures, people sneezing on EVERYTHING, so much to do and see...no wonder the old cold bug moves right in. OUT! OUT! Cold bug!
ILYOMTYCESx2-AM