Tuesday, October 23, 2007

If Only You'd Been Here...

you could have seen the sorry state of affairs that was me on a treadmill today. It started when I went to put on a pair of pants this morning and they were, shall we say, snug. And I, in a fit of delirium thought, "Oh darn, I must have put these in the dryer by mistake." Ha! After trying on several other pairs and looking a muffin is each one, I stripped down and stepped on the scale, because surely my flannel pj bottoms weigh enough to give me a false reading, so I should take them off. I'm sure my face turned red. Even though I was all alone, I was quite embarrassed with the readout. Moving the scale around to different parts of the floor didn't help any, in case you wondering.

So I got on the treadmill. It took me almost 18 minutes to travel ONE. MILE. Pathetic! I was "jogging" at the blistering pace of 3.5 miles per hour. And at the end I was covered in sweat. I would have taken a picture of myself, just for the amusement of all of you...but I couldn't get my hands to stop shaking long enough for a clear shot.

1 comment:

Kellan said...

Well good for you (not about the weight, but the treadmill) - that's far more ambitious than I have been lately. See ya.