Monday, March 17, 2008

How Dare I?

I did something terrible today. I offered the kid a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie. He acted all happy for his cookie, all appreciative...until he took a bite. Oh! The horror! "I don't LIKE raisins! You know I don't like raisins!." Let me just say that, first: He does like raisins, we fight over chocolate covered raisins every time we go the movies. And second: To the best of my knowledge (which includes several decades of Girl Scout cookie eating experiences) there are no raisins in the thin mint cookies. I pointed out both of these things to him as he made retching noises in the back seat and begged for water. "Well, you know I don't like mint, either!"

I'm thinking that the consumption of our three boxes will fall to me...the things I do for that boy.

***********************************
Also, he informed today that I could "apologize to him whenever I was ready." When I asked him what I might be apologizing for, he said, "Remember when you yelled at me for whining, and I didn't stop whining because I couldn't stop whining? Well, you shouldn't yell at me for that and you should apologize." Guess what...he was still whining even then. You're shocked, I can tell.

1 comment:

Kellan said...

I love your stories - I love your writing! These are the cutest stories. I like the Samoas, but I'll take a box of Thin Mints if you need to get one off your hands - isn't he the cutest thing!!

Have a good Tuesday Anna - thanks for coming by the lake - see you soon. Kellan

Next time - knock on the door - I'd definitely let you in!