Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sold Me Out

I heard my child telling the (grown-up) guest of honor at a birthday party today to go yell at me for "breakin' his stick". Heaven forbid he not just chose another stick from the eleventy billion that were strewn across the front and back yards...oh no, he was furious that I not only dared to touch a stick from his "collection", but that I also had the nerve to break it. (For the record, we were building...and I was helping...) And then, of course, once he got a bee in his bonnet about the stick, well then everything I looked at was just wrong. So I just stood there with my eyes closed and my arms crossed until it was time to leave. Well...not really. He did eventually forget that he was peeved about the stick and turned right back in to his happy helpful self...but it was touch and go there for a while.

1 comment:

Kellan said...

He sold you out? How funny!!

Hope you are having a good Monday - see you Anna - Kellan