Saturday, April 5, 2008

So. Sore.

Lucas and I did yoga today. I had gotten both of us medicine balls and free weights (my size and his size) because let's face it...we could both stand to lose a few pounds...and my neck and back are wrecked for a person my age. I am always pinching a nerve in my neck or tweaking my back and then spending the next ten days trying to function like a normal person. I figured a little core work could do us both some good.

Oh my good gracious.

I may have burned more calories laughing at my sweet boy with his round belly, clad only in boxer briefs, bouncing away on his medicine ball and demanding an exercise video "with more dancing." I will say though, I am feeling muscles tonight that haven't been dusted off since his birth four years ago. Ouch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! When I started yoga I thought i might die but it is the best way to shed a few pounds! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey, we do yoga too! When I remember....every couple of weeks.

She loves doing downward dog, which we call upside down dog. And I also sit her on my lap with our toes stretched out in front of us and we touch our toes together. It's absurdly cute.