Tuesday, April 1, 2008

With a Cherry on Top

Oh! I could just put him in a bowl and eat him right up, he is that sweet!

Phew! Now that I've got all that gushiness out of my system...

I was washing dishes in the kitchen (obviously) and Lucas was playing with his Disney Cars in the other room, and I could hear him just singing away. I turned off the water and listened for a second and I had to cover my mouth from laughing out loud. (This is a boy that DOES NOT like to be laughed at.) As I peaked around the corner to watch I saw him shaking his little booty and flapping his arms while he danced around the room.

"Hey, Mom! You like my singin'?

"I sure do! What song is that, buddy?"

"I Don't Wanna Go To School...by the Naked Brothers Band."

Let me just start by saying, What?...the child can sing the lyrics and state the name of the band? What happened to my baaaaaaaaaaaby??? But then...oh my goodness! My baby can sing the lyrics and state the name of the band! Rock on, little guy!

I am so glad I have him. Specifically him. Although I'm sure I would have loved some other fertilized egg just as much...but still. We are off to the mall tomorrow to buy the CD...although what's with Nickelodeon naming a kid's band the Naked Brothers Band? Eh?

3 comments:

Kellan said...

I love that Lucas - what a cute story!!!

I hope you two are well - I have missed you. Have a good day - Kellan

Kate said...

Naked Bros Band rocks! Where's the video cam when u need it?

pmd said...

Oh rats! I just realized I hadn't signed in to identify myself. Well, if you wonder who anonymous is that commented on your last two posts-it's probably me.