Sunday, August 17, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes Budding Med School Students Future Broadway Stars

Lucas: (Doubled over.) (Clutching his side.) Ohhh. Arghhhh! The pain! I think I ruptured my spleen!


Me: (Completely unimpressed.) Wow. Really? Your spleen, huh?


Lucas: (Gasping for breath.) I think I know what would make it feel better...


Me: (Grasping for remote to turn up the volume.) You do?


Lucas: (Dragging his right leg behind him as he inches towards the kitchen...) I think an ice pop might be the cure. (Big smile.) Don't you?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is a four-year-old getting that vocabulary?? Has he ever tried Stewart's Light vanilla ice cream for ailments of any kind? Works for me!!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful, exciting life with Lucas!
ILYOMTYCESx2-AM

Anonymous said...

I don't blame him. Ice pops are THE BOMB. They are awesome enough for me to act like it is okay that I just said 'the bomb'. haha. Hope you all had a great weekend!

Anna said...

Sassy: No joke...he had three for breakfast this morning. And I'm just going to pretend that the 10% fruit juice sign on the label means that I fed him a highly nutritious fruit salad for breakfast!