Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Help Me Out With Some Advice

I have a Nikon D40 that I LOVE and I'm in the process of looking for a new lens. I think I'm looking for a macro lens? Something that takes extreme closeups? I'm hoping one of you out there knows exactly what I'm talking about (even though I, myself, do not) or can point me in a good direction on the web for information. I can't seem to find a website that's very helpful to me. I have a two lens kit that I bought with the camera, and I love them both, but I want something that can get clooooooser.

I've had my eye on this lens...anybody have an opinion? And how compatible are Sigma lenses with Nikon cameras? Anyone have either?

Anyone out there know what I'm talking about?


4 comments:

Kellan said...

I don't know that much about lenses or my Canon, but MamaGeek (What Works for Us - she's in my sidebar) she is a wonderful photographer and uses a Macro lens a lot and I am also thinking about getting a Macro lens. You should go over to her site - in her sidebar she has "Waco for Macro" - go look at her pictures. She seems to know a lot about photography and lenses and I'm sure she would not mind if you asked her some questions - tell her I sent you - she knows me well. Her e-mail is in her profile. Yes - get a macro for those really cool close-ups!!!!

Hope to see you before Thanksgiving, but if I don't I hope you and your family have a wonderful day!!

Take care - Kellan

Kellan said...

This is MamaGeek's ulr: http://whatworksforus.blogspot.com/ and this is her Waco for Macro url: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mama_geek/sets/72157604849835643/

Kellan

Anna said...

Thanks Kellan! I'm off to do some research!

Anonymous said...

I found that the online photography forums are really helpful for stuff like this. A bunch of people helped me figure out some lens stuff and I always go back when I'm in a bind. Just google for a photography forum and several should come up. Good luck! Have fun :)