Monday, September 10, 2007

It Only Drove Me So Nuts Today Because of Lack of Sleep

I need to keep reminding myself that he's only 3 (and a half...that half is important...ask him, he'll tell you) but it drives me crazy that he'll use the bathroom (by himself, I know should at least be grateful for that) and then he'll come to the top of the stairs and yell down to me, "BUT I DIDN'T WASH MY HANDS!" What?! You know you need to or you wouldn't be telling that you haven't! And I tell him every time, "Well, go back and wash your hands, every time buddy!" "OK!" he says and skips back into the bathroom to play in the water until I'm positive the bathroom will flood. I have to keep telling myself, he's just a small little kid, he's not a full grown adult. I swear he keeps doing it just to drive me nuts.

2 comments:

pmd said...

Of course he does it to drive you nuts! Sleep deprived or not, that's a nut driver if you ask me. Sam Dewey is an expert at button pushing, but I realize not long from now I will look back and giggle at most of his mischief. I'm already starting to, as I am sure you are with Lucas.

Anonymous said...

I shared this story with a colleague at the college and she LOVED it! She is a first-time grandma and really gets into all the little kids' antics. Her granddaughter is about 10 months old and getting 'personality' that just amazes her.
I think he has made quite an accomplishment in spite of it!
LYx2-AM