Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Little Bit of Both

I'm a little bit proud that Lucas knows his name, the town he lives in, my full name, his current age and the theme of his next birthday party (in March...he is already planning his own party)...and just that he is comfortable addressing adults he doesn't know.

I a little bit wish he would stop telling every adult we don't know his name, the town he lives in, my full name, his current age and the theme of his next birthday party, the fact that he can't whistle (but will be able to in 2 weeks-his timeline-not mine), and his absolute love of gum. I'm afraid to teach him our phone number yet for fear that he will sing it through the mall every chance he gets.

Embarrassing!

I am glad he's social, it will serve him well in the years to come, I'm sure. I don't have to worry that he has any negative effects from being an only child...exactly the opposite...he is a social butterfly of a boy. I will have to remember, however, not to help him practice our phone number.

No comments: