Monday, April 16, 2007

Time Off For Good Behavior

So, Lucas threw himself quite a fit last week in a store that we had only been in for a second, and the tears and the runny nose and the crying went to record levels in no time at all; he obviously wasn't in the mood to shop. I walked him right back out to the car and when we got home we had a long talk about good behavior and what that means to me. Now, of course I figure that he hears me, but does he really understand? We haven't been in another store since, until today...today we went to Walmart. We were half way there when Lucas announces from the back seat..."Mommy...I am going to behave." And he did! My son was perfect in Walmart...no tears, no snot, no wailing. He helped me push the cart and didn't hit a single person. He even reminded me to get the eggs. What a difference a day makes...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I had been a little fly on the wall when you explained to Lucas what good behavior means to you. Obviously, he did understand. A gold star for Mommy!!
ILYOMTYCESx2-AM

pmd said...

Good job AB. I wonder how Lucas would have handled a "Sam's Mommy" siting. I don't know why I frighten him so. Lucas must know how lucky he is to have such a fun mommy. I'm so glad he doesn't test you as much as Sam pushes our buttons, you have earned your dues. LOVE the snow pictures, especially the profile.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad pmd, he's apparently scared of David's Mommy too.